Visa Enquiry Form
PERMANENT RESIDENCE THROUGH A INVESTMENT IN THE USA By acquiring a permit for permanent residence -also known as Green Card- , an alien is authorized to live and work in the US run out time restriction or employer. There are several avenues for Green Card. Typically after purchase demonstrates close family ties to a US citizen or permanent resident; or through a US employment, usually on the basis of a job offer from a US employer. There are a small number of people annually obtain residence standing in the US by investing a certain sum of money. As a condition, such investment must generate employment for a specified number of American workers. Broadly speaking, for the Green Card through an investment, you should meet the following requirements:
- To invest or be actively in the process of investing at least $ 1 million in the US This amount was reduced to $ 500,000 if the investment falls on a rural area or an area previously designated by the government as having an unemployment rate below average national ;
- Investment should be on a new business entity, or expand or restructure an existing one;
- The new business entity must create at least 10 direct jobs, each of at least 35 hours a week. If the investment is in a company "Distressed" would not be necessary to create 10 new jobs, but to preserve them; and
- The investor must deal with the administration of the company, either in day operations or through policy.
- Investor's spouse and their children under 21 years could also obtain permanent residency under the category of close relatives accompanying the investor. However , the investor, spouse and children at any stage count toward the 10 new jobs to be generated investment;
- It is possible to diversify the investment through a portfolio of businesses or projects, provided the amount invested one entity is placed commercial (e.g. in a company controlling two restaurants obtained under franchise);
- Must be a capital investment in shares, as opposed to a unsecured loan;
- The amounts invested should be placed at risk of loss or gain ; and
- One or more foreigners can invest together in a single entity commercial; however, to apply for permanent residence, each must invest the minimum amount required and generate the number of jobs required.